After receiving lots of Instagram DM’s I thought it would be easier to share this recipe for those who are interested in a quick blog post. It’s a handy little sauce to bulk cook, portion up and freeze.
- 1 x fresh courgette
- 1 x cup frozen mixed peppers
- 1 x cup frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 x tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x carton passata
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp worcester sauce
- 1 x Kallo low salt vegetable stock cube
- 1 tsp sweetener
- Chop courgette and add to a lightly oiled saucepan along with the onions, peppers and spinach, place the lid on the saucepan and cook over a medium heat until vegetables soften.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, passata, tomato purée, Worcester sauce and crumble in the stock cube.
- Tear up the basil leaves and add to the pan.
- Simmer for 30 minutes over a low heat.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool then blitz with a stick blender.
Bish bash bosh, it’s as simple as that!
I hope your littles enjoy it,