These cookies have been a favourite in our house for years, they are the perfect balance of crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. I have noticed a lot of folk posting cook from frozen cookies on Instagram, if you are one of those people I PROMISE these cookies are an easy bake which your family will enjoy more than the shop bought pack. Prep time for these cookies is only ten minutes, they are great fun to bake with kids (unless your toddler is a tornado like ours, then you are best baking alone).
Makes 12 cookies
Price per cookie 33p
- Two cups self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soft brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter,
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 100g dairy milk chocolate chopped
- 100g bournville chocolate chopped
- Preheat oven to 170c
- Sift together flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt; set aside
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and caster sugar until well blended.
- Beat in the vanilla extract, egg and extra yolk until light and creamy.
- Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand, using a wooden spoon
- Drop cookie dough on to baking trays lined with parchment paper – each cookie should be around 4 tablespoons of dough, do not flatten the dough they will naturally fall into shape during the baking process. Space cookies 3 inches apart
- Place in the centre of your preheated oven for 17 minutes or until light golden brown and lightly toasted around the edges
- Allow to cool for a ten minutes before placing on a wire cooling rack